Friday, October 12, 2012

No decode on WSPR spots...


One of the main reasons I have this blog is to act as a scratchpad for myself. If something happens that I want to make a note of, then it's a handy place to keep a record of it and if it helps someone else fix a problem that they are having then so much the better.

On the morning of the 11th of October, I was receiving a station as shown above but I was getting no decodes. Looking at the database on the WSPR website and the spots from other stations, it seemed as if the station was EA8FF, someone who I have heard and decoded over the last few days.

I switched the rig to 30m and left it listening to the WSPR signals there for about 10 minutes. No decodes. So obviously, WSPR had stopped working.

Solution.......it turned out that the sound card in the PC seemed to have crashed or at least the micropart part of it. It was a simple case of rebooting the PC and everything worked fine again.

No comments: