Thursday, October 3, 2019

Conditions on 28 MHz - Wed 2nd Oct 2019


I left the radio listening to the FT8 frequency on 28 MHz yesterday and I was suprised to see there had been a reasonable opening. Not too bad considering that the solar flux is down at 69 and we're hopping along the bottom of the sunspot cycle.

As per usual, the main workhorse here is Sporadic-E as can be seen from all the European signals. This allowed me to hear DX signals that were reaching the latitude of Spain.

i.e. F2 prop from say Chile to the Azores and then Sp-E to Ireland.

3 comments:

Photon said...

Amazing! I heard some weak signals, and should have hung around on 10m a bit longer!

stu said...

it was a good evening for sure.wp4/hi3/lu/py/hk/hc all heard and a few worked on 50w.
lets hope it continues.

Geoff said...

Well done. I've been hearing next to nothing on 10m for weeks.