Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lift conditions on 2 metres...Sat 26th Nov 2016

I've been scanning and listening on a pretty regular basis on 145 MHz FM for the last two weeks so I am getting a good feel of what I can hear with the home brew Slim Jim vertical in the attic. On Saturday the 26th of Nov 2016, there was a reasonable lift and the following were heard on 145 MHz...


With the exception of MW0DEW, the rest were repeaters. Obviously most are on hills but it was interesting to see what could be heard with my current antenna. None were that strong but I could hear the CW identification every so often.

MW0DEW was a Welsh station I worked on 145.475MHz. He was using 30w into a vertical antenna just 4m above ground level. The distance was just short of 300kms, a nice distance for an indoor antenna.

No comments: