Friday, November 26, 2021

Modest conditions on 28 MHz - 25th Nov 2021


Thursday 25th November 2021:
For the last week or so, I've left the radio listening for WSPR signals on 28 MHz and the number of stations that I am hearing has seemed to decrease.

For a change, I listened to the much more active FT8 frequency on 28 MHz and and the map for the day is shown above. There are some DX signals in there including Australia and Thailand but I wouldn't say conditions were particularly good.

I heard a few Sporadic-E signals from western Europe but most of the stations heard were via F2 propagation. You can clearly see the first hop F2 signals going from the south of Italy, though Greece and up to the Ukraine and Russia.

The solar flux was 84 which is low enough as the sun seems to have lost a bit of its recent sunspot activity.

No comments: